Friday, August 8, 2014

What's your ministry?

This life is tough. We will all go through a great tragedy at one point or another... Only one would be nice, but more than likely it will be multiple tragedies, heartaches and tribulation. It's guaranteed, it says so in the bible.

When the troubles come your way, you can either sit around and moan and groan about poor, pitiful me, making the people around you just as miserable. Or you can use what you've gone through to help others in the same situation.

My husband and I have both been through the same heartache in our previous marriages. Our spouses strayed, and left. That's not pointing fingers at them, or saying we did everything right and they did everything wrong. But, in the end, we sought after the Lord, and they sought the world. The devil got a hold of them, and our marriages were destroyed... Our families ripped apart.

When I was going through my divorce, there was a wonderful young lady in my church that had been in my shoes just a few years before. She took me in and helped me through the whole process. She listened to me cry, and encouraged me with prayer and advice, and I will always be thankful for her. The Lord blossomed our friendship at the exact moment I needed it.

This is her ministry.

When something like this happens in your life you have two options. Seek comfort in the world, or seek comfort in God. David and I chose God. The Lord brought us through our grief and made everything better on the other side, and now we both feel very compelled to help others who are going through the same problems. This is not something we do out in the open. People have sought us out, and we talk to them privately. We share our experiences, tell them what worked for us during our grief, and what didn't. We encourage them in the Lord, comfort them in their grief and pray for them.

This is our ministry.

What's yours?

If you've seen how bad the world can really be, and have felt grief or loss in one way or another. Use what you've been through to help others when the moment presents itself.

Encourage them in the Lord. It's your ministry.





No comments:

Post a Comment