Thursday, November 7, 2013

There's no such thing...

Over the past couple of years I've had to put up with all sorts conversations with my ex-husband. Most of which I would never tell another human being. But there was this one conversation that will stick with me forever. It was short and sweet and went something like this:

Him - "I think you are taking the boys to church too much."

Me - (laugh) "If that's the worst thing I do to my kids, I think I can live with that."

End of conversation.

That moment I realized how much he had changed from when we married. He was a total stranger to me. Someone that I didn't care about anymore, and that I no longer cared what he thought of me. I was completely disconnected from him at that point.

I was not only disappointed in him, but I was also relieved to be rid of him. I was so thankful for where my life was going compared to where it was.

How can you make a statement like that?

I'm sorry, but too much church? Really? There's just no such thing.

I always think of that conversation when the weekend of a church meeting is approaching. I actually think it makes me want to take them to church more.

No comments:

Post a Comment