Monday, September 23, 2013

Everything's changing

Why is it that the things that used to be so important to me no longer are?

I knew my life was changing.... but I didn't realize to what extent. I'm no longer the same person I was a few short years ago. My family, surroundings and priorities have all changed dramatically.

Before if I had a weekend to myself I would plan a trip to go see my girlfriends from college to relive the good old days. Now when I have that weekend to myself I drive to church meetings in far off places.

Before I would sleep till I absolutely had to get up in order to get the kids to school on time. Now I wake up more than an hour early so I can read my bible before the boys get up.

Before I was one person on Sunday mornings and someone completely different the rest of the week. Now I can't stand being that different person throughout the week, and am trying my hardest to not have that split personality.

I don't mean to say these things for recognition or a pat on the back.... Trust me, I'm just as surprised as the next guy. I'm just totally amazed at how God is working in my life. I mean, seriously... I just passed up turning on my Pandora to listen to a sermon on the internet. I would say I don't know who I am anymore, but that wouldn't be the truth. I actually feel more like myself than I ever have before in my life. I don't know what is to come, or what other changes I will go through, but I'm not worried. I know God is with me every step of the way, guiding me in the right direction. That's a comforting thought for someone who doesn't like change.





No comments:

Post a Comment